Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCD 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoopyLou

Technical User
Dec 4, 2005
CA
Looks like there is a product bulletin out there for MCD 7. From what I have been told these are some of the "highlights". June Release

- No per node support
- Hyper V virtualization
- Auto extension numbers assigned to device only sets
- Alarms in backup fails
- changes in GUI to some forms.
- New console application ( 5550 still supported )

Off to see if I can find it on MOL.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

Good Info, thanks
Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E Avaya IP Office
Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced 5000 NuPoint I&M MiCloud

Hey Loopylou see you picked up on the rider at the bottom on the bulletin too regards per cab support :) I know they mentioned it before but i thought they could have made it more visible than putting it right at the very bottom after the training info etc......

Agreed.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

Does the "No Per cab support" mean it's been removed from the software stack and per cabs won't work or just no further R&D, best endeavours, if it breaks we won't fix it, etc?

Thanks,
John.

Not having a MCD 7 to check I would suspect that you can still program the cabinets but R&D will not have them in the cycle of tests that need to be run through on a release. If you have a problem in 7 with a per cabinet you are likely out of luck to get a fix.

That would be it.

What I've been told on the per cabinet support is they aren't removing the existing code, but they're not adding new features and if some new code elsewhere breaks it, they're not going to fix it. So, existing stuff "should" work.

i heard from a Mitel project coordinator a few months ago that it will have a call routing table like the 5000. no more speed calls for DIDs. i hope this happens.

Time to dust off the wish list if they give us DID/ANI routing tables

Automatic dial X for Fax/Modems would be close to the last big one.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I didn't see any documentation that said you could route off DID dialed in MCD 7. Guess we only have to wait a few more days.

I don't see the download yet, but the documentation, including:
New Features and Capabilities
for:
MiVoice Business Release 7.0

is online at
I don't see anything about a built in conference bridge/eg dial in and join a conference, which I thought I'd heard mentioned was to be included....

Its here so I guess we can check it out.

For those who have access there is a basic and advanced update course for M1Voice 7.0 on MOL training .Just going to jump on and have a go !

I think the new User and Config tree design is going to take a bit of getting used too.

Here is info on the new DID Service form:

Use the Direct Inward Dialing Service form to allocate DID numbers to their answering points, so the incoming DID calls are redirected to specified destinations without using the internal Speed Call - System feature. In short, the form is used to map a pool of external DID numbers to their destinations (that is, internal directory numbers or other answer points on the system)

anyone manage to get the new Mivoice Business Console software yet for Rel 7(no keypad..not 5550) ..can't find it on mitel-online ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back