Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCD 3300 Sip trunk Conference Issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasom

Technical User
Jan 14, 2020
GR
Hello,
I am quite new to this forum and the MCD 3300 controller. I have always checked on the forum for issues similar to mine and I always found out solutions.
I decided to start posting my issues so I can get more accurate help from you guys and maybe help a few people on the way as well.

So we have a Virtual MCD 3300 with MBG and Micollab. MCD is version 9.0 SP3.
So the issue is when an extension makes an external call it cant conference another phone, either internal or external. It shows a busy tone. We tried from Micollab and we get the message "Can not start the call the other party may be busy".

This only happens if the First call is external. If we have a call between 2 internal extensions then we can add as many external numbers into a conference as we want. This issue only happens when we connect with an external number only. Same thing happens with transfer as well. If we have a call between an external and an extension the extension can transfer internally but on externally. There are no restrictions on the Trunk or the extension I am testing on the COR. Oh and the connection is SIP Trunk if that helps.

Every suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

I resolved the issue by myself.

For anyone who has the same issue I just changed "Override From Header with Default CPN" from No to Yes on the SIP Peer Profile.
So happy we finally resolved this.

Thank you anyway and I hope I might help someone with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back