Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mcc/drakconf won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScreamerChaotix

Technical User
Jul 26, 2002
US
Recently I was forced to play around with Gtk2 in an attempt to satisfy a dependency. I downloaded multiple files, Glib, perl-Gtk2, etc, but nothing seemed to work. Eventually I gave up, but then another problem presented itself. When trying to open the mandrake control center, nothing happened. I tried "drakconf" from the command prompt, and received this error: Can't locate object method "ROOT_WINDOW" via package Gtk2::Gdk at /usr/lib/libDrakX/ugtk2.pm line 150

I'm assuming this has something to do with the gtk2 files I installed, so I tried reinstalling in hope of repairing any corrupt files, but no go. Now, I'm left without access to the control center, which I like to use to start/stop certain services and to control driver assignments and so on. If anyone can give me any pointers, I'd appreciate it. I'd hate to think reinstalling the entire OS is the only way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back