Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.5 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

addus5

Technical User
Jun 20, 2003
US
7.5 beta is out. At the end of the month NAI will be doing a refresh on the packages with new updates. Sign up for the mailing list and check out the new products. Im looking forward to the new features like built in firewall and advance Unwanted/Joke/Adware detection. I think the can be pulled into EPO to test.

McAfee® Beta Program
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.5 Beta

Overview
McAfee® VirusScan Enterprise provides comprehensive protection from viruses, worms, Trojans and other malicious code affecting desktops and fileservers. VirusScan Enterprise offers easy scalable protection, designed for today's fast moving, highly adaptive small business and large enterprise.
Product Features
Application Specific Buffer Overflow protection
Expansion of Unwanted Programs capability
Outbreak response technology including Virus Source Identification
Script Scanner
Domino Notes Client plug-in
Beta schedule
Beta - current

Desktop Platform Support
Microsoft® Windows NT 4.0
Windows 2000
Windows XP
Windows Tablet XP
Server Platform Support
Microsoft® Windows NT 4 Server
Windows 2000 Server
Windows 2000 Advance Server
Windows 2000 DataCenter Server
Windows Standard Server 2003
Windows Enterprise Server 2003

If your on the beta list will be in a opt email listing. I seen about 300 emails the last couple of days giving users thoughts and experiences.

I DL it and install it on my workstation at work, and it seems good, with anti spyware-adware and firewall ...

Let's just see and wait :)

Slurpee. Yeah the list generates alot of traffic. I just setup a rule to divert it to another folder. Mcafee has already created a buffer overflow test tool to use with the new software. I havent had anytime to even check it out recently. I think im going to wait until the first refresh so some of the bugs are fixed.

Addus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back