Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

McAfee Total Protection for Endpoint Due to Expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMB1

MIS
May 27, 2010
US
Question: My companies subscription is due to expire tomorrow...we get a 30 day grace period of protection. After that however, besides auto updates not working with McAfee Total Protection for Endpoint, what else should we expect? Will we be able to update the virus definition files manually? Will end users get error messages? If you are wondering why we are not renewing, we are slowly moving to a MS solution as we migrate users to win7. We just want to know how the remaining endusers who are still on XP and using Mcafee will be affected/bothered.

Thanks!

Hi MMB1. You say you get a 30 day grace period? what does this grace period give you and who told you that?
I cna't seem to find any info on what McAfee Total Protection for Endpoint actually gives you in terms of products, but I'm guessing a syou're a business you've got Mcafee VirusScan Entperise Edition, managed by ePOlicy orchesteror? If so, this doesn't stop working at all, I've seen customers of a previous employer still running netshield 4.5 and the defs have been up-to-date.
I wouldn't expect anything to change from a clients point of view either, although you will be breaking your software agreement, and I'm guessing the 30 day grace period is for you to buy more licenses for the next year.

Hope this helps

Paul

Paul Thomas
Important IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back