Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

McAfee Netshield 4.5 install after removing VirusScan Ver. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2003
US
I installed McAfee VirusScan Ver. 7 on a Compaq server running Win2K SP3. I removed VirusScan Ver. 7 and tried to install Netshield 4.5. The install goes along ok until it tries to start the services. At that point it aborts. I have removed all registry keys associated with Network Associates to no avail. There was one key I could not remove and that was the "DEVICEDESC" key. I need to test this scenaraio for a fall back plan. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've had quite a few problems recently with McAfee. Try downloading the most recent SuperDat from the McAfee website and run the full setup once you have completed McAfee install. It seemed to cure most of my problems. Not too sure why thow, but worth a try.

The Superdat will not help me. I can't even get the basic 4.5 install to complete. The install rolls back while trying to start the services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back