Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

McAfee autoupdate DAT file problem on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2002
US
We run uvscan on Redhat 7.2. This is the "virus scan for Linux v4.14.0" from McAfee. The .DAT files are updated automatically every morning. Has worked fine for the last few years until this last Saturday, when qmail started having major problems. Tracked it down to something with the .DATs that are being automatically updated/installed. If I download and unzip the .DAT from ftp.nai.com and reboot, everything is fine and problem goes away. That is until the automatic update happens again at 4am. Here is the error:

"X-Qmail-Scanner-1.13: corrupt of unknown McAfee scanner/resource problems - exit status 139"

Like I said, if I download the .DAT from McAfee and install that, then everything works. I compared the automatically downloaded files with the ones I manually downloaded, slightly different, however the perms and ownerships were the same.

Anybody see this problem?

>Think for yourself<
...or someone else will do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back