Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mcafee 8.5, 8.5i and 8.5.0i

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKSahoo

Technical User
Aug 8, 2008
US
Hello,

This seems to a big confusion between Mcafee 8.5, 8.5i and 8.5.0i in my organization. My system team are not able to answer this properly.

I am Telephony guy. The problem is I have server with OS windows 2003 standard edition and running Mcafee 8.0 currently. This server is used for NICE call recording. As per NICE 8.5 is recommended to upgrade which is also supported by NICE product. But my organization is using 8.5.0i as latest.

So is there any difference between 8.5, 8.5i and 8.5.0i. Are they different version with different security policy.

Pl help.

Hi

8.5 , 8.5.0i and 8.5i are all the same product VirusScan 8.5.

I am not sure as to why it is being reported as three different versions but i wouldnt let this confuse you too much, as they are all referring to the same product version.

Thanks

McAfeeGeek

You can install most AVs on the NICE servers just ask them for a scan exclusion list as scanning database files can cause the server to crash and there is no requirement to scan audio files as there are no viruses that affect them. Another good idea is to create a group for the NICE servers in epolicy.

When I was born I was so suprised I didn't talk for 18 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back