Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

McAfee 8.0 Professional software questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jparkhill

Technical User
Aug 15, 2002
US
I bought the McAfee Viruscan 8.0 Professional two weeks ago and installed the program. AFter some unusual glitches in getting the software installed, I found I did not get an auto upgrade to a current DAT file...mine was dated 9-24-2003 and sadly out of date.

I learned from chat tech support that you can NO LONGER MANUALLY DOWNLOAD a DAT file to update the McAfee Viruscan??? I don't like that, especially with all the problems I'm experienced with the auto-update features of 4.0, 5.0 6.0 and 7.0 over the past years.

I remember also that I observed a screen during the installation process about installing Dr. Solomon? There is a downloadable v8.0 DAT file for that program available.

What does anyone know about making a "manual download" of the 8.0 Professional software DAT files??? Am I being locked into a situation that requires I ante up money every 12 months to stay with McAfee???

Thanks,

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back