Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MC9090 warehouse solutions anyone? Starting over? What should I use? Same problem as thread694-1660 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnisteve

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2012
US
thread694-1660507

I have the same problem as post thread694-1660507. I have two D-Links DAP-1522, two TP-Link Model No. TL-WA901N / TL-WA901ND 2.0, and one Engenious EAP 350. all Access Points (APs) are hrdwired to our network. All are on the same ssid. All have the same WPA2-PSK AES security code.

When the towmotor operator is picking his items for shipping, he usually starts next to the first D-Link, where the towmotors are parked. This I'll call AP1 for access point number 1. This is in the far corner of dock1. It's strength is high enough to reach most of dock one and a large part of dock2, another adjacent doc abut 100+ feet away.

Even though I'm standing in dock2 right under my another Access point(Engenius EAP350), i'll call AP2, when the signal strenth fdor AP1 drops, the MC9090 dropps connection and the user cannot bar code in inventory. We discovered this using a laptop and a software that displays the mac adderss and color code in legend, along with signal strength. we moved the laptop thoughout the two docks.

We are looking for any advise in setting a warehouse access points. We are ready to get rid of all the AP and start over. We cannot loose the WAP-PSK AES as it is used on the mfg side and the hand held goes from mfg to shipping twice a day usingthe same bar code reader (MC9090).

This issue appears to have to do with the wireless connection - not truly a barcode related issue.

Yes, you cannot acquire the barcode data due to the failure of the wireless connection, but you need to ask your question concerning why the MC9090 drops connection to the wireless router vendor.

THEN, once that is resolved, if you have a remaining barcode issue, feel free to come back.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Yes, that is what we said. The moment the first Access point looses signal, the second access point does not connect although the strength is excelent. It is a matter of the hand of between access points. It appears that the first access point connected to is the only access point that MC9090 see's and when it the first access points' signal drops, the mc9090 doesn't see the other access points near by with more strength. Move a little in any direction and the MC9090 hand held recconnects to the first access point regardless of the fact that the first access point has a poor signal strenth and the second access point has an excelent strength.

Since the MC9090 is first and foremost a wireless remote hand-held terminal and secondarily a barcode scanner, I'd recommend you get the remote terminal working in a stable manner by contacting the support people at:
A site you might want to read over regarding similar problems might be:

Or peruse the various 'finds' resulting from a Google search for: mc9090 wireless problems

Regardless, once the remote hand-held terminal is working SOLIDLY, then you can address any barcode issues.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back