Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MC Service Guard & Apache2

Status
Not open for further replies.

3in2te1n

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
DE
I´ve got a MC Service Guard Cluster and try to run the Apache2 Webserver in a highly available package. The package is configured without any errors but if I start the package I´ve received the following message three times:

(226)Address already in use: make_sock: Could not bind to address <package-ip>:80

...and the package shuts down. But the httpd don´t shuts down. This is oddly![3eyes]

Any ideas?

I found out, that the apache become started on both Nodes if I put in the following command:
cmmodpkg -e -n node1 -n node2 packagename

But I don´t know why!

Please help!

hi,

Do you have a duplicate ip address somewhere , for that particular package?

check using arp -a for MAC address with same ip , or some other device on your network with the same ip address.

The -e enables package switching globally and may cause an unstarted package to start as in your case , if you use the -n onlythe nodes specified will allow package switching and the package will not move / start if it is running on the other server. This is for failover , saying if package fails on box a start it on the other server. It also depends how you have configured your cluster i.e. what failover policy you have adopted)

HTH

Service Guard will manage apache and startit up...
It looks like it may be running .. hence the ipaddr in use error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back