Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MC 9090 connecting to wireless access points

Status
Not open for further replies.

bscs1963

Programmer
Apr 7, 2009
US
I am running Symbol MC-9090 WM mobile devices in my warehouse connecting to our server via 3 E Genius access points strategically located throughout the warehouse.

The issue I am running into is that the device is not finding the strongest point for its signal. The net result is that the device loses its signal and kicks the user out when the signal is to weak.

I checked the SSID to confirm they match, and they do. I confirmed that neither the Access points or the device have security applied (although they should). I also confirmed that the access points are all assigned to different channels (1,6, and 11)

We have the same set up at another facility installed by someone else, and this issue does not exist.

I am wondering if I might be missing something in the connection that is stopping the device from finding and locking onto the strongest connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back