Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MBG enabling TLS 1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizkid66

Technical User
Jan 17, 2012
GB
HI All,

Currently running MBG 11.0.0.304 on MSL 11.0.69.0.

we are looking at changing our ciphers from default to High (TLS 1.2).
will this effect the end users in any way?

Many thanks,

Stuart.

It will depend on the end users. If you click on the help icon (round circle with question mark at upper right of screen) when in MBG / System / Settings it will show more information.

If you have 69xx phones and are using current client, then you should be OK. If you have older phones, then you may have issues.

Code:
MBG supports the “Legacy”, “Intermediate” and “High” encryption cipher suites.

Legacy (TLS v1.0+) - This setting is required for some legacy devices, and this configuration is equivalent to pre-MBG 11.2 Release.

Intermediate (TLS v1.2+) - This is the default configuration when installing MBG 11.2 Release.
        Some devices may not be compatible with this default setting (for example, MiNet 5330/5340, MiCC MbgConnector, and some Call Recording devices (including early versions of MiVCR)).
        In that case, you need to change the SSL cipher configuration manually from Intermediate to Legacy.
    High (TLS v1.2+ strict) - Use this setting for enhanced security, supported by MiNet 69xx, MiVBC 9.0+, MiCollab clients 9.0+, Mitel 6xxx SIP 5.1 SP4+, SIP DECT 8.1+, MiCollab 9.3.
Code:
TLS v1.2+ may result in compatibility issues with older Mitel devices and softphones. Its use may be required in order to proprietary information security standards such as PCI DSS.

will depend on
phone types - older 53xx dont support high
ip trunks - if you are networked to older systems they dont all support gigh

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back