Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

May be a silly question.... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyb123

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
GB
Hi,

this may be a stoopid question.... but is there a way of bulk setting the "Auto Off-Hook" setting on the shoretel phones? Is it possible to use the relevent sevcustom.txt file?

We are using the enhanced paging app and unless the phone is set to "Speaker" under the Auto Off-Hook, everyone complains that they can't hear the page.

Not really wanting to go round 300 phones and check each one...

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

We are 12.2 and I checked the maintenance guide (Phone Configuration Parameters) and didn't see a parameter for Auto Off-Hook). What release and phone models do you have?

We're on 13.3 (18.61.2202.0) and 230g phones

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of button pressing....

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Mike -

I found the setting in the 'shoreware' database under the 'user' table. The field is "UseHeadsetAudioPath". (0) equals Speaker, (1) equals Headset, (2) equals Wireless Headset. This would be a bit quicker... Just ensure you are comfortable modifying sql databases and you have good backups before attempting.

Nice one!!

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back