Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maxtor NAS 4000 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylan

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
US
Does anyone out there use a Maxtor NAS 4000? If so, please help! We have several 4000s in use. When you open a large document from a machine NOT on the same VLAN as the NAS unit it opens painfully slow. I can open the same 10mb doc from my machine, on the same VLAN as the NAS unit, and it opens quick. The vlans seem to be transparent to everything else on the network, including out NT4 servers.

Any Ideas?
Tylan

If your unit has four disk drives, MaxAttach has a default disk configuration of a Mirrored Set of Spanned Disks. The first time that the unit is turned on, the mirror synchronization process will continue to run as a background
process until it finishes (approximately 3 hours). During this time, the unit is accessible, although response time may be slower than usual.

Not to sound rude, but did you read my first post? These NAS units have been up for at least a year. I'm pretty sure the issue is related to the nas unit not paying attention to the gateway ip or something to that effect. I only have problems when I'm NOT on the same VLAN. I only have problems when I'm on a different segment of the network, where I have a different IP & Gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back