Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maxlimit of TEXTAREA on Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

noyes99

Programmer
Jun 25, 2002
IN
hi,

we have some a form post that works fine on Windows, but when I try to do a similar form submit on MAC however, the page does not take more than a certain number of character. This causes us to lose some stuff that we thought we pasted on the page.

Here is the code we are using

<TEXTAREA cols=&quot;59&quot; rows=&quot;20&quot; NAME=&quot;article_body&quot; wrap=&quot;virtual&quot; style=&quot;width:600px;height:400px&quot;></TEXTAREA>

Does anyone know about some such limits on a MAC machine? how do we bypass such a limit.

Thanks in anticipation

-n

I've not heard of limits on the amount of textarea allowed using a Mac. I suppose it would have been brought to my attention because I host an application that uses textareas and people feed thousand+character strings into it.

How many characters, exactly, are you seeing pass through?

What model Mac?

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

&quot;Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!&quot; -- inventor of the cat door

i'm on a mac at this moment (imac) with OS X version 10.2.6
I have also never heard of things like this, but I imagine that the text areas aren't capable of taking on MILLIONS of characters. Maybe run a search on goole?

Later,
Greelmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back