Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum of a Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicknick515

Technical User
Aug 27, 2009
US
I wrote a utilization report. It is the total amount of a product used in a given time period. I want to show which product was used the most. To get the total used, I simply did a summary that is the sum of @totalused.
I can't figure out how to make it look at total used and bring back the product name value of the total used. By the way, it is grouped by product name.

Any Ideas?

Try Insert > Crosstab, that could show totals by product

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

Well, the report is written and I have to show all the products usage but I wanted to put a little "fun fact" in the group header that shows the most used product and how much was used of that product.

You could insert a crosstab and then select the crosstab object->report->group sort->topN: 1.

This is actually the simplest solution, if you need the result in a header section. There is another approach using SQL expressions that you could potentially use, depending upon your version, the complexity of your selection formula and table structure.

The very simplest solution would be if you could use the result in a footer section.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back