Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum number of simultaneous RAS connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blixa

MIS
Jun 25, 2001
SE
Hi!

I'm helping a friend to find information about how many simultaneous RAS connections a Windows 2000 Server can handle...

Any information about this would ofcause be great - but if anyone happens to have a link to a Microsoft website that has this information I would be even more thankful since I probably need that to convince my friend :)

Best Wishes,

Jonas

Oh.. I forgot to mention Inbound AND Outbound connections.. I think I remeber something about NT4 server being capable of handling 256 inbound connections.. but outbound? And is it the same specification on Windows 2000 server?

Well your first questions should be how many modems can your motherboard handle I have 3 USR modems on my windows 2000 server and 3 phone lines and i can use all 3 at once,
The only problems I have are that they all only connect at about 28-32kb I use then to connect to the internet Like dial up accounts.
Unless you have digital lines to your server and the right hardware modems (expensive) you will never get more than 33kb
The server has a 1.4ghz cpu and 512mb or Ram yet when all three are connected it does slow down.
I am connected to a wireless cable connection getting 5mb of bandwidth so its not that which slows it down, All i can put it down to is that they are hardware modems and they use alot of resourses.
Nick
MCP A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back