Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum Number of Controls on a Form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonnieJohnson

Programmer
Apr 16, 2001
US
I have a form with a tab control. On each tab control are subforms and lots of other controls.

Is there a maximum number of controls you can put on a form. I know certain controls carry certain weight. Can someone tell me what that is also?

My form is loading slower than it use to and I think it is because of the number of controls on the form.

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

There is. It's 754 and this is over the lifetime of the form, so not necessarily all at the same time.

Ed Metcalfe.

Please do not feed the trolls.....

That is amazing information. Thanks. Is there anywhere I can read up on that?

Visit me at ==>

Yep, do a search in MS Access help on "limitations" and then select "Access Specifications".

Ed Metcalfe.

Please do not feed the trolls.....

Thanks. I've been working with Access for 10 years and never knew that was even in the help.

Visit me at ==>

but you can actually have more " .. over the lifetime ... ". Compact and repair compresses the count to the number of controls to the number on the form at that time. Further, subforms caount as one control, and their controls do not count towards the count.

MichaelRed

Are we allowed to hyperlink our business through the forum????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back