Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum number of cols/table on an ASE 11.5 DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbeggan

Programmer
Aug 7, 2002
IE
Folks,
Here's a quick one. What is the maximum number of columns per table on ASE 11.5. From the net, it seems to be either a) a rigid 250 or b) a function of page size/column widths. However the data I'm looking at may be dated....

Also, can someone tell me the maximum number of tables per database (ASE 11.5). I think its about 32k but would like confirmation.

Cheers !
------
Dublin, Ireland.

Hi mate,

In sybase 11.5 (If I recall correctly as it is a defunct version), the maximum number of columns in a row is 250. However, the maximum row width is 1962 bytes. A single row cannot exceed the maximum available space on a data page! I do not think you should worry too much about the number of tables. Your best bet is migrating to sybase 1250 as you will not be getting any useful support from Sybase on 11.5 or 11.9.2.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back