Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum Line Configuration in MICS with 7.0 XC Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

allaboutphones

Technical User
Sep 19, 2002
US
I have a client that is experiencing "system slowdown" at times when calling out. It is a call center environment, with about 60 users - very heavy outbound dialing.
At times, the system seems to bog down. Employees dial, but the digit's don't show up in the display for a couple of seconds. The transfer button does not respond immediately either. It does not happen all the time, but we can't seem to associate the symptons with anything. They experience this even when they don't have a lot of people in the office dialing out. Also, DN Updates can take up to 10 minutes to complete once you have logged out of programming. I get slow responses at times when programming the system via the Set or FastRAD.

The system is currently configured with 3 PRI T1's and 12 Analog Lines as follows;

MICS Cabinet/7.0 XC Software
-Combo Card
-Combo Card
Module 1: Station Module (32 on KSU)
Module 2: Trunk Module (2 on KSU)
-DTI Card (PRI)
-DTI Card (PRI)
Module 3: Station Module (Active)
Module 4: Station Module (Active)
Module 5: Station Module (Active)
Module 6: Analog Station Module (Active)
Module 7: Trunk Module (Active)
- DTI Card
Module 8: Trunk Module
-Card 1: LS/DS
-Card 2: LS/DS
-Card 3: LS/DS
Module 9: Station Module (Active)
Module 10: Station Module (Unused, Not Active))
Module 11: Station Module (Unused, Not Active)
Module 12: Station Module (Unused, Not Active)
Module 13: Station Module (Unused, Not Active)
Module 14: Station Module (Unused, Not Active)

CP100
FastRAD

We replaced the KSU, DTI Cards, Software and Combo Cards. Same problem (but did not replace any modules or LSDS Cards).
I removed the 0x12 Trunk Module with the Analog Lines today to see if might help the problem. I have not been able to find anything in the XC Documentation that might help.

Can anyone provide me with anythign else to check or ideas on how to fix this problem? One of my tech's thought that it might be a power issue?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Mike

My first thought is "re-install windows"
That is if all was well before.

Or if Hardware
Maybe try swapping modules 7 and 8.

Or start disabling DTI cards one at a time - might suggest if backplane issue be it KSU or 12X0

Is it Rls 2 NVRAM?

You could try a startup then restore the backup before doing a full fresh re-install.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Curlycord - Thank you for the feedback. We have removed the 12x0 with the Analog Lines from the system and are going to see how it performs.

Have you had any experience with MICS Systems with 3 PRI's and 12 Analog Lines Active? I was concerned that the line count was too high for the system to handle.

I have not seen 3 PRI's.
You have few sets considering and why I don't think it's a resource issue.

Make sure its Rls 2 NRAM

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Curlycord - Yes, we confirmed it is a Rls 2 NRAM. Next step we are going to replace all of the modules and cards (Combo Cards, DTI Cards). Wish us luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back