Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum length of the string

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalProgDev

Programmer
Oct 1, 2010
US
my stored procedure returns a field value of length more than 65 characters. when I have that field on the crystal report... it is returning 50 characters only. Is there any limitaion on the numbers of chars in crystal reports?

Can any one please help me in resolving this issue

In Crystal 8.5 there was a limit of 255, not for higher versions. (It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever.)

In this case, I suspect you are getting truncation. A word field will usually truncate extra characters unless you tell it to word-wrap.

To fix this, right-click and choose [Format Field]. Then look for Can Grow on the [Common] tab.

There are also commands life Left and Length that would let you chop the field up into pieces, if that's what you want.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

I am using XI R2 and my data is coming from stored procedure... I have can grow option set for that field. stored procedure is returning 65 chars... but when i have the same on crystal it is truncated to 50... I need that value in the report. ca any one please help

Never mind...It is not a crystal bug... my stored procedure is some how trunbcating the value.. Sorry my mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back