Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum Hops allowed in networker ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vksm

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2006
US
Does any one know that, is there a maximum hop limit in the networker between the client and the server?

I am unable to backup a client across 6 hops between networker and the cient though I am able to ping the client from server and viz.

Thanks in Advance

Im not aware of any such limit, so i would guess your problem is located somewhere else. Since the client need to make so many jumps, i would suspect that the name resolution fails somehere along the line. Verify that the backupserver can reverse lookup the client and vice versa. Make sure they can communicate using both short and FQDN names.

Regards
Maverick

P.S. Are you getting any errors in the daemon.log on the server that you can post for us to look at?

I support NWNinja's opinion. NW does not even become aware of the number of hops.

Also, a bit of information would be useful, like
- Which NW versions do you use?
- What exactly does/does not work?
- Does a manual backup work at all?
If it does not, how can you expect an automatic one to run?

Thankyou NWNinja and 605 for your inputs.

I am able to ping,name resolution works,no firewall and rpcinfo works.

NW Versions are 7.2.2
When I try to do manual backup it gets connected and hangs.
I read some where that 32 hops are supported at the maximum so number of hops is not a problem.

We are planning to reboot the client tonight then I expect the same to work.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back