Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum DN's on 11c?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billb1981

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2006
US
I was curious if anyone might happen to know the maximum number of DN's that an option 11c system will support? We are looking at adding an additional 100 Dn's but was curious of there were limitations?

Thanks

Depends on if you are networking your opt. 11 to other switches. That would be the only limitation. If you are networking, you would need to look at your coordinated dialing plan.

I don't think it's going to other switches.

i don't know the published limit but i have seen an 11 with over 1000 dn's in service... that one had 5 shelves.. dn's don't really care about the line size the physical line size is limited by the number of card slots

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

total on an option 11 with 3 expantion cabinets would 640.
10 X 16 X 4. Of course that would assume you had no outside lines making it just one big key system. Just delete 16 for every trunk card and 16 for integrated voicemail and you have your total.

but that is tn's and you can have 14 numbers (dn's) on a 2616... (real big key system).. i think i read that you can add the 7th cab now.. i would not feel warm and fuzzy about 3 cab's being on a single ssc card.. but i like a redundant switch..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I'm not sure if you can still add TN's anymore to the 11C I think they are going to make you upgrade.

But the following came from the Nortel site about the 11C.

"Ideal solution for small to medium-sized enterprises, from 60 to 800 users."

Ok, great thanks guys. Appreciate it. Hope I have enough TN's, if I don't, who would come in and add those?

I have 4 Cab's with a tota of 370 TN's. So in aanswer to the original question, you can have 10,000 DN's on an Option 11C, mind you, you would need to have addon mod on every TN to use them all. But I think your real question was, how many TN's/phones can you have on an Option 11C. If you have 1 or 2 T1's and the rest phones, that would be about 38 slots times 16 TN's is 608 phones give or take a few.

My main system has three cabinets with 445 TNs.

My take on it that you just have to analyse how many sets you plan to have, how much trunking to the central office, and the amount of calll traffic you will be placing on the switch. Personally, I couldn't see placing a 150 seat call center on a 11C (or whatever CS1000x they call it today). But in my case, with a under-10 agent call center, 40 trunks on two PRIs and about 300 phones used in a pretty non-phone intesive business, the system is sized well for what we do.

makes sense, that used to be called grading.. my switch is in a hospital.. 7000 plus sets and it's graded at less then 10 percent.. just under 700 trunks... 70 percent of our calls are in house.. we do have 3 small call centers but they are under 6 stations manmed per building so that is not an issue... i do internal traffic studies quartley and external yearly... pri;s are so cheap now the real estate they use in my box means more then the price of the ckt

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

billb1981, look to the vendor who provides the maintenance on your system. They will be able to engineer this to your needs and give you a quote for hardware/software license/labor. Or, depending on your maintenance contract, there are lots of companies out there who can give you quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back