Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum calls one application can handle at a time? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imstillhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2008
US
Hello and thank you in advance for any guidance. CP 4.0

For BCP purposes we are looking to forward incoming calls to anothers site. Ive been looking through the APP Builder guide 555-7101-325 But i can find what im looking for, which is how many calls can one application handle at one time? We would be taking about 1200 calls a day that normally get spread out over 20 applications any routing them to one generic application if possible.

Thank you

What your asking depends on how many channels you have for CP

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Just so im certain... It will handle as many channels as i have or up to a certain amount of channels if i have that many? I currently have 32

Those 32 channels are shared resources - if 10 people happens to be checking voicemail, then you only have 22 to handle calls on your app. You can reserve channels for your app, but if you reserve all 32, then nobody will be able to check VM.

Also consider that if you have Symposium etc, then the access channels reduce your availability.

I got it, thank you both. If i may, I have one more question. Is there a limit to the number of applications in APP builder on CP 4.0 AND OR 5.0

Limit on number of application is around 5K or higher, don't remember exactly, but it a number you'll never reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back