Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximizining Website Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancieFL

Technical User
Mar 3, 2003
US
Is there a way that I can force my website to be opened in a maximized window. The site uses a picture background and does not look correct if the window opens minimized.
Thanks,
Francie

Probably possible in Javascript, but bear in mind that people will have their screens set to various different resolutions anyway - so full screen may still not be big enough for them to see your picture, or be so big that they see your picture begin to repeat (which always looks naff).

Personally, I hardly ever maximize windows in any application including my web browser. If some website starts messing with the way I like my desktop I'm not going to stay there or come back again. If I want to see your picture I'll resize my browser myself (assuming I'm prepared to wait for it to load) -- Chris Hunt
Extra Connections Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back