Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAXIMIZED ALL THE TIME! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

swat

Technical User
Mar 24, 2002
CA
My question is similar to napoleao's

I want Explorer to always open maximized windows.

I know about getting in to first open up maximized, by making a shortcut to it and in the properties menu choosing the it to run maximized.

But, when I click on a hyperlink, the new window opens smaller and I have to select it to be maximized.

Any clues on how to do this?
Thanks
spider.gif border="0"

© 2002
"Nothing is impossible!"

WICKED. Thanks alot. "Nothing is Impossible!"

swat,

If you'd prefer not to load another program:

==================================================
try double-clicking on the Titlebar.

If you're running in 1024x768 screen area, type this into the browser window:
javascript:resizeTo(1024,768);

If you're running 800x600, type:
javascript:resizeTo(800,600);
When the windows opens, drag the borders, top, right, bottom, and left to the size you want (almost filling the entire screen). DO NOT use the maximize button.

Now choose File>Close, DO NOT use the X in the top right corner. Go back to the page you just opened the new one from, choose View>Refresh and now click the link again, it should open to the size that you just closed it from.

=================================================
Reset New Browser Window Size
Sometimes Internet Explorer 5 "decides" to remember the wrong size for a new window. Whatever you do, you can't seem to get it to remember a normal size.

Backup the registry and/or export the following keys:
go to Start>Run, type regedit. Navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Main
Delete the value Window_Placement
Exit the Registry Editor

reghakr

swat,

easy with this registry hack: Start|Run type "regedit"(no quotes)|click "OK". Once the editor is opened, do Ctrl+F, type "FullScreen" (again, no quotes), click "Find Next" and after a few moments, in the l-window is the key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

and "FullScreen" in highlighted in the r-window. R-click "FullScreen", select modify and type "yes" (you guessed, no quotes). Click "OK"|"F5", and presto. The next time you access IE, the window will open maximized. To toggle back to its "normal" full window, hit "F11".

Hope it helps! [morning]

Thanks everyone,

Great help, but I like smitee's the best, b/c I can use it for other programs too (ie-Notepad, [my main html editor])

Thanks again "Nothing is Impossible!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back