Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximize / Restore question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxfrail

MIS
Jul 7, 2008
US
What I have is this -

I have a form well call it frmClients (set to maximize on load) that has a clickable label that opens a msgbox and then a form (well call it frmNew).

Problem is that know if you maximize one thing it does it to all so frmNew opens maxed and it doesn't look good. So on open I put in DoCmd.Restore.

Everything works as it should but when that form is closed i want my frmClients to go back to maximize and I cannot figure out how to do this.

Could anyone help with this?

In the Activate event procedure of frmClients you may Maximize it.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Awesome!

Thanks. Didn't think of activate. I was trying focus etc.

mxfrail . . .

You cold also make frmNew a popup. In form design view call up the properties window and in the the [blue]Other Tab[/blue], set the [blue]Pop Up[/blue] property to yes. Save the form - close out - and give it a try.

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

Also, mxfrail, just for future reference, a form can only receive focus if it has no controls on it that can receive focus. There can be no textboxes, checkboxes, comboboxes, etc. or, if present, they must all be locked/disabled, in order for the form to receive focus.

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back