Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maxblast3 and boot partition copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoricelu

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
RO
Hi.

I decided to add a new HDD on my machine. It's an 120G MAxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 HDD. When I installed it, MaxBlast (the default win installer for this HDD) is asking me if I want to make one of the partitions bootable and also to copy the data on it (from the first partition of the 1st drive). I responded "ok". When I let the second HDD (120G) to boot, it does, but Windows XP Home Stucks with a windows logo and the startup screen (the blue one, after the black one). I managed to pass this and enter Windows. No program of those i had installed is running because the drive letter is H and E. I changed the second letter to D but cannot change the boot partition letter. It says it's boot. What am I supposed to do in this situation? (Any other program wich is doing this "partition copy" thing?)

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back