Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAX summary in SQL Designer changes date format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budson

Technical User
Nov 11, 2000
DO
I need to collect the "MAX" date for data using a summary function in SQL designer. If I am not explaing this well, I am on the "field tab" of SQL Expert and for a date field I am specifying I want a MAX value as summary data. It give me the collection I want but the date values are now displaying as numbers instead of dates. Is there anyway I can get this to work where it returns a DATE value?

Thanks In Advance

Al Turi

I haven't seen Crystal convert dates to number. Are you sure they aren't stored as numbers? In other words, do you get date values if you DONT use the MAX function?

It isn't unusual for a programmer to use a numeric field to store a date. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

If I turn the MAX to NONE in the field tab, I get dates.

That is really strange.

What are some of the numbers you are getting?
What database platform are you reading?
What is the actual data type of this field in the data base?
Date?
DateTime?
DateTimeString?

If you create a report using this same field in the report designer, and you use the max operation on it, do you get dates or numbers?
Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back