Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Max Number of Subreports???

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricMa

Technical User
Aug 10, 2000
US
Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of subreports that can be linked to a main report in Crystal 8, or is this just a matter of how patient one is as the report processes? Thanks. [sig][/sig]

I have worked with Crystal quite a bit and have never seen a specific limit. Version 6 would give memory errors if you had a subreport that repeated several hundred times and tried to save the report with data, but that was supposed to have been fixed.

I have read articles that say there is a limit on the size of the rpt. In other words if you exceed a certain size you might get errors or make the RPT unreadable but I have never had it happen and I have had some fairly large reports.

Of course there are memory concerns and performance issues.

Did you have a specific number in mind? [sig]<p>Ken Hamady- href= Reports Training by Ken Hamady</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back