Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

max delay across multiple skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitfield77

Technical User
Jan 9, 2002
US
We have some vectors set up similar to:
9 Queue skill 1
10 Check skill 2 if available agents > 2
11 Check skill 3 if available agents > 2
12 announcement 1234
13 wait 30 sec with music
14 goto 10
etc...

Here is the situation: Say a call comes in and queues to skill 1, but criteria not met for the check statements. Call waits in Queue for skill 1 for 60 seconds before criteria in step 10 is met and the call is queued to skill 2, and consequently answered in 2 seconds by skill 2.

My question is this: if you run a skill report on skill 2 and check the max delay value, will it count the delay from skill 1, or only the actual time in skill 2 before it was answered? Will my max delay be 62 or 2?

Thanks.

cw

Hi Whitfield

How does the conrol come on step 9 ?

Have you set "acceptable Call handling time" for skill 1 = 60 secs ?

Just want to ask you whether the call gets abandoned on skill 1 after 60 secs ?

All reports running on Skill 2 will not take any other skills in consideration anyways....

please reply the above Q's though.........

Thnx

Robonix....

Robonix,

Have to show my inexperience here - I'm not sure what "conrol" is, maybe an acronym I'm not familiar with.

Acceptable service level is at 30 secs, and the call did not abandon. I just randomly chose 60 secs for the purpose of the question.

My main question was about the report on skill 2 counting the time spent in queue for skill 1.

Thanks for the answer.

cw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back