Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAX 3000 VOIP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdtech

Technical User
Oct 8, 2002
US
I have a couple of Avaya R300 a.k.a. Max 3000 VOIP routers that I'm trying to use as gateways on my MVAM managed network. They register as gateways and are admitted when used as an ingress endpoint with all proper routing performed. However, they fail to recognize the egress endpoint as relayed by MVAM. Also, when they are the egress endpoint, their identity is not found during the admissions request from MVAM. I know that the R300 is meant to work with the Definity PBX, but many people have told me that they should work with my gatekeeper. My software is 8.0-148, hashes are FR,ISDN,DC,VOIP,RTFAX, I use dual DSP16 blades and the exchange interface is T1 ISDN. PLEASE HELP!!

Odd, but I do not even see TAOS version 8.0-148 at ftp.ascend.com. Can you confirm your software version?

Wow I didn't know that Avaya had their own software for the Max 3000. I knew Avaya had some rebadged Ascend boxes in their portfolio, but it would appear that they also have their own TAOS versions as well. Go figure...

Going back to your issue, though, can you paste your H323 log traces from MVAM? There may be a clue there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back