Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MATWorX Ver 6.3 CSV files

Status
Not open for further replies.

austech

Technical User
Aug 1, 2003
AU
Hi, has anyone been able to create CSV files using Excel and sucessfully importing and running the script using the MACH script editor in 6.3

It seems that with MATWorX 6.3, the CSV format has changed but nobody knows what this new format is.

I am forced to have an earlier version of MATWorX installed on my laptop just to run the scripts that have been created using EXCEL.

There is a new function in 6.3 called 'Office Data Listup' which reads and then lists up all the programming within the PBX and creates multiple CSV files.

These files can be imported with the MACH script editor and run, but if you change/modify any of the data the CSV file will no longer work.

Does anyone know what this new format with 6.3 is.

Thanks

Jesse
PABX Sales and Service

I do not know the Excel format, but I have used this very successfully with Access. If you create a simple sample script in the MACH editor and then save it, it gets saved as an Access file. You can then modify it. You can also see how the access file is organized and create other scripts in the same access file or another file. Then read them into the MACH editor and run them. I used this to populate the dial by name directory for multiple phones with different speed dial lists and saved myself days of data entry. Hope this helps. Dave

It has to be quote and comma delimited

Ex.

"10","000","F200"

Unfortunately Excel does not support this natively. You can do one of two things :

First, you can import some VBA script that Microsoft provides to export your table in this format. I do not have the article number off hand, but I'll find out for you if someone else doen't post it first.

However, what I do is create a second sheet and put this in cell A1 --- =char(34)&'Sheet1'!A1&char(34). This will take the data from the first sheet and surround it with quotes. Then simply drag the formula out two columns, and down as many rows as you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back