Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Matsonic ms8147c Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2001
US
I inherited a Matsonic ms8147c motherboard last month.

No drivers (or batteries) included.

My religion forbids me from going to any **drivers* for cash sites.

Does anyone have or know of a free site where I can download Matsonic 8147c drivers?

Mucho Gracias
- the sheb

Yo BigBad,

Would you mind sharing the site where I can download the Matsonic 8147c drivers?

tanks - the sheb

The Matsonic 8147c, uses the KT400 chipset from VIA, thus the drivers can be found on the ViaArena website...

VIA Hyperion Pro Driver Package (XP)

VEN&DEV can be found under the INFO tab, in the Device Manager by double clicking the devices that are missing drivers... when you list these here, we can point you to the correct drivers, once you have installed the ChipSet drivers (see above)...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

I had a look and it seems the support website for Matsonic has gone now.
Not a problem!
As BadBigBen points out this motherboard used the Via KT400 chipset so go to Viaarena to download those.
The sound and ethernet may be slightly more dificult to find but all you need to do is identify the sound and ethernet chips on the motherboard, then go to the appropriate website.
Probabley Realtek for both but like I say find the make and numbers off the sound/ethernet chips.
Martin

On wings like angels whispers sweet
my heart it feels a broken beat
Touched soul and hurt lay wounded deep
Brown eyes are lost afar and sleep

My religion forbids me from going to any **drivers* for cash sites.

Don't meen to be rude in any way, but why would your religion forbid you from that?

Offtopic i know, just curious.

IT Support

Comptia A+
Comptia Network +

Tanks Ya'll
specially BigBad fo splaining the "losing my religion" reference.

The sheb is leaving the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back