Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Math symbol, greater than or equal to, Quark for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarRob

Technical User
Jun 5, 2008
US
I'm looking high and low to discover how to enter "greater than or equal to" and "less than or equal to" symbols into Quark 6.1 on PC, Times New Roman.

1) Quark email Help tried to assist, but it is a No Go, so far (the ball's back in their court as I pushed back by pointing out item 2 below).
2) The CharMap "sheet" for Times New Roman offers no Alt coding for these symbols.
3) CharMap "sheet" for Symbol, offers Character Codes: 0xB3 and 0xA3, respectively, but I don't understand how to work that in Quark, if it would work at all.
4) These items are not in my three CharMap Wingdings collections.
5) Other resources I've found via this forum and other online searches have not helped, and seem to say I'm tough out of luck.

Surely, surely these common math symbols can be rendered in this document! But how?

Many thanks in advance for your wise words.

Hi KarRob
Have you tried typing shift period > and shift comma < ?

IMacQuarker

KarRob
Sorry I misread your post.
On the mac keyboard type Option period and Option comma to get ??.
You should be able to find the PC equivalent to that.
Hope this helps
IMacQuarker

Hi KarRob,
You could use Shift period > and give it an underline like this >

IMacQuarker

Howdy IMacQuarker,

Unless I'm not understanding you correctly, your suggestion does not work on my PC. Shift period gives me just >, no underline for the "equal to". Ditto on Shift comma: < without the underline. Alt+Shift combos are no better.

Or perhaps you're suggesting that I underscore the symbol! Perhaps that the answer -- too obvious to be seen? Certainly it could be a work-around alternative to having a proper character.

Two sets of wits makes all the difference!

KarRob
I got this from eBay's Q&A board.
Hold down the Alt Key and type 242 on the keypad for one
and hold down the Alt Key and type 243 on the keypad for the other
Hope this helps
IMacQuarker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back