Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Materialized View: expression not supported for query rewrite error

Status
Not open for further replies.

OraclerUser

Programmer
Oct 17, 2012
US
Hi,

I'm trying to create a very simple materialized view, basically a "select <column> from table". Here it is:

CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW REGISTRANT_MV
BUILD IMMEDIATE
USING INDEX
REFRESH FAST ON DEMAND START WITH sysdate+2/1440 NEXT sysdate + 10/1440
ENABLE QUERY REWRITE
AS
SELECT registrant_id, person_id, first_name, last_name, badge_name, address_1,
address_2, city, state_prov, postal_cd, email, phone, fax, registration_dt,
cancellation_dt, guest_of, create_dt, create_by, update_dt, update_by, company,
country, preregistration, badge_city, badge_state_prov, badge_role, badge_role_text,
maps_import_fl, mobile_phone, kw_commercial_int_fl, kw_luxury_int_fl
FROM REGISTRANT@univ_qa;

I've created a plan vanilla materialized view log:
CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW LOG ON REGISTRANT;

And, I'm receiving the ORA-30353 expression not supported for query rewrite. I've read up on this error but the indications that I've seen from googling don't seem to apply to this select statement.
Any help/thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Oracleuser,

I notice that you're using a database link to get your information from a different database.
I don't know, but I suspect that this might be something to do with the problem.

Could you copy some sample data to a table in the local database, attempt to make the MV, and see what happens?

Regards

T

unless query rewrite is enabled in the database then you can not specify the "ENABLE QUERY REWRITE" in your MV command. Remove it and it will work fine.

Bill
Lead Application Developer
New York State, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back