Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Material Upgrade and eTrust 7.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephBAB

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2005
FR
Hello,

We use eTrust Antivirus 7.0 to protect all our network on different sites. So the configuration of the Admin Server is complex.

I want to change the computer hosting Admin Server. How can I backup all my configurations options, to restore on the new computer ?

TIA.

Regards.
Stephane

We did this a couple of months back when upgrading from 6.0 to 7.1 AND moving the admin server to another server.

You need to save the db folder. In 7.1 its in program files\ca\etrust\antivirus\.

It saves ALMOST everything but there are some items you need to reenter. Sorry, it was a couple of months ago and I can't remember what they were. I do know that it wasn't much.

Cheers.

Hello,

Thanks for this information ! I've seen this DB directory, which seems to contain some configuration options, yes, and also some logs of operations like scheduled jobs.

When we'll swap the server, I'll let you know if this option is the good one.

Of course, nothing in the CA knowledge base...

Best regards.

Stephane

Stephane,

Hopefully you won't have to reenter anything. In our case we were doing a move AND an upgrade at the same time. I'm almost certain this is why I had to reenter some info.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back