Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

material resources question

Status
Not open for further replies.

amater100

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2013
How would you determine the cost of the material resource. For example i have a container of a chemical that i use, but i dont use all the chemical for that project, but the container is Occupied at that time. How do i define that in project 2013?

I would suggest calculating the cost per unit that is consistent with your anticipated usage. For example, if you anticipate using the chemical 3 times in amount ranging from 8 ounces to 1 pound, calculate the cost per ounce and then assign per ounce. I don't understand your comment about the container is "occupied". Project will not alert you if you attempt to use a material resource at the same time as it would a work resource.

What you can do is the following:

1) Create a material resource in your resource pool
2) Once it is created i'd add a unit of measure as a whole number and the unit cost.
- once you assign the resource you can use decimal places to indicate the volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back