Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

matching codecs

Status
Not open for further replies.

treejumps

Technical User
Mar 26, 2003
US
I have been having problems with exporting (drop out, hiccups)and think I have discovered the problem. For unknown reasons my capture is compressing with DVSoft even thought the capture setting shows it as using Microsoft DV. THe project and export setting shows Microsoft DV as well. When I capture and then check the properties for the clip it shows as DVSoft. Why is it doing this, and how do I get it to use the Microsoft DV to compress the captured clips?

There are three groups of settings to consider: Input, Project, and Export.

If all three of them match, then you'll see no surprises.

If your export results shock you, then at least try to match your Export and Project settings. If you're just print-to-video, then Export settings aren't relevant.

To be the least surprised at your previews, make your Project settings match your Import settings as closely as possible.

Good luck!
[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back