Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Match the input data in table record

Status
Not open for further replies.

soldieryap

Programmer
Aug 15, 2000
MY
if i have a input column for the user to key in, for an example, it's a password column and user name column, after the user enter the password and user name, i have to check in the table "Members" and find the record, if it's matched, and process the next step... , the important thing is how to search the records in table . .. . because in the form, we can point like this: forms!xxx.xxx, but in table, i don't know how to do it !!! hope someone willing to teach, thanks

You can use RDO recordset to open recordset and point to table. Something like: rst!mytablefield.

RDO? Never heard of an RDO recordset. ADO and DAO, yes. What is RDO?

Ok soldier, what you need to do is to create a custom Query for the table 'members' and as a criteria, use the 'user_name' and 'password' fields of the input form, will look something like this:

SELECT members.*
FROM members
WHERE members.user_name = Forms![input_form]![user_name]
AND members.password = Forms![input_form]![password]

if no records are retrieve, the user doesn't exist in the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back