Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAT/OTM problem with 500 set and WRLS prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguyv

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2006
A2
This same question, thread798-1230515, was asked earlier this year but no solution was given. Unfortunately I had this problem a few years ago and came up with a work-around/fix but I don't recall what that was and don't have much time.

I'm re-installing a relocated 11C w/25.30 and trying to use MAT 6.6 to upload 90+ M8009 sets. Eight sets transmitted fine and the others failed. I looked for a pattern to distinguish those that failed from those that didn't but there doesn't appear to be any. On the successful sets I can out them with the CLI and change MAT sync status to new and transmit them again with no problem. At the WRLS prompt you see the automatic PBX response of NO and MAT doesn't try to respond with another NO. On the sets that fail, MAT tries to enter a NO to the WRLS prompt (even though it's already there), that gets recognized as a response for the following DN prompt and fails.

When I got past this a few years ago I recall changing a seemingly unrelated prompt in the set if I recall. I don't see how a global change to the CDB would have been it. Today I tried to take PKG 240 (I think it was 240) out of MAT but that resulted in MAT getting confused at the WRLS prompt and not responding to the following DN prompt.

Cutover is in two days and I have a lot to do so will appreciate a fix if anyone has experience with this one. If not my time consuming work around will be to CLI a CPY of each set and then transmit the MAT sets as a CHG. Not great and certainly something I can't leave for the customer but it will get me through cutover. Thanks in advance,

V

THAT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH OTM OR MAT, IT WAS A PATCH FOR THE PABX. IF YOU CAN'T GET IT PATCHED THE EASIEST THING TO DO IS FIND A ANALOG THAT THE WRLS IS SET TO NO AND COPY THE REST. IF YOU TRY TO DO A NEW IT WILL ALWAYS COME UP YES. IN ORDER TO PUT THE PATCH IN YOU HAVE TO OUT ALL THE ANALOGS

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

To clarify, there is nothing coming up yes. The issue is that most of the time when MAT tries to transmit a new 500 set it replies to the WRLS prompt with a NO when it should effectively ignore the WRLS prompt. The PBX enters its own NO and then prompt with DN. The PBX sees the NO from MAT, which it incorrectly sent in response to the WRLS prompt, as a response to the DN prompt. The PBX wants a numerical value for the DN response so puts up an error code, SCH180 I believe, as soon as it sees the N. The error code is just saying it wants numerical value instead of alphabetic.

There are NO wireless sets in the system. There are NO sets in the system for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back