Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Master Sub projects and resource managers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikel21

Technical User
Jun 9, 2015
US
Need Help

I have one project plan that is resources only. I have 5 project plans each separate a,b,c,d,e. All plans use the same resource pool. I built a master plan and inserted each project plan a-e as a sub project to view them all in one plan. Lastly I have 3 resource managers who are in the resource pool who i want to assign the tasks to the their workers who are also in the resource pool. I created a separate plan for each of them to view separately and assign work as needed. I inserted the master plan into each resource plan. My problem is each resource manager see's the tasks they have using column filters fine they assign their work but when the 2nd and third resource managers attempt to save they cant it states it is read only. The first one in wins and when the second and third open thier plans there is no notification that its open and click on notify.

How can I get resource managers to assign their groups work at the same time and I can review a master to see updates??????
Mike

I'm afraid I'm not following. Why did you create a separate plan for each of the resource managers? Are they not assigning resources in Project A- E? The resource manager's should be assigning resource in the individual files, not in the master. Only one person can have a project file open read/write. If they are all trying to write in the master, it will fail with the message you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back