Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Master server connect issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

itchyII

MIS
Apr 10, 2001
Hi Everyone, I am new to creating projects in Interdev and I seem to be having a problem creating a new project based on an existing site. The site is hosted on one of the company's web servers and I am trying to create the project with this server as the master and the local on my machine. I have no problems creating projects with sites that are on my local machine, but I can't seem to for the site that is not on my machine. If I copy the site (in explorer) to my machine and then create the project by connecting to it, I have no problems but it just seems stupid to copy the project over, doesn't that defeat the purpose? The only thing that I can think of is that that the server where the website is, may be protected and allows me access through the network by identifying me through my NT username. Could Interdev have a problem connecting because of this?

Any ideas?

ItchyII

Hi, It sounds like you do not have authority/rights setup on your master web server in order for you to create a project on that server and syncronize with your local. Does it ask for a login? Can you ping the web server? You may want to check with the web server's administrator to investigate. I hope this helps some.

TP

Hi,
Unfortunately, I do not control the master web server. I know that there are permissions on set on the server, but I do not get prompted, I get authenticated by my username. I do have change permissions on the folder that I need to access, but the parent directories are read only for me. Do you think that that could be the problem?

Itchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back