Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Master-detail report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starfish2201

Programmer
Sep 4, 2012
US
Hi,

I have requirement in which the top section of the report is the Summary Report having EmployeeID. The rest of the report page has different sub-sections, like EmployeeAddress, EmployeePersonalInfo, EmployeeAllocation etc..

Now when I run the report I should only see the Summary Section and all other section (which are placed vertically one below the other) collapsed. If I click the Address bar, then the address section would open up showing the Employee Address Info. But the rest of the sections (like PersonalInfo and Allocation) remains collapsed/unopened. And it should open only when I click on the section header.

Is this possible using Master-Detail report in cognos? I have used master-detail report, where detailed data contained is droped INTO the master. But I am not sure if the detailed can be outside the master.

Any solution/pointers will be really helpful.

Thanks a lot in advance !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back