Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Master/Detail forms under Application wizard! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darling

Programmer
Oct 25, 2001
GB
Hi

Has anyone created a data form using the Application Wizard? I have just done this to get started. I have a simple company table in SQL and a contact table linked on a companyID field.

I created a new data access form using the master/detail option. I have set up a company master and a contact detail, linked on companyID, which should work fine. When I load that from up in run time, I get a strange error. The error is: Data shape command text contains a syntax error at or near position 391 in the command. The text near the error is: “ID TO Company ID) AS ChildCMD”. Then I get an “Object variable or with variable not set error 91”. It falls over on the form load…

Private Sub Form_Load()
Set grdDataGrid.DataSource = datPrimaryRS.Recordset("ChildCMD").UnderlyingValue
End Sub

This code has been generated by VB so I don’t understand why it wouldn’t work. Has anyone else tried this wizard and if so, did you get any problems with master/detail forms.

I’m desperate for a fix!
Thanks
Nora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back