Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Master/Detail Datagrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerstep

Technical User
Mar 22, 2002
AT
Hello.

I'm new to VB and have just used the Data Form Wizard to create a Master/Detail view of my Access DB.

Using the wizard I choose to include a button to add new records, however this only seems to allow records to be add to the master datagrid and not the detail/child datagrid.

I could not even click on the detail datagrid but I added the line grdDataGrid.AllowAddNew in the cmdAdd_click()procedure. As a result I can now click on the datagrid and select a field but I'm not allowed to enter any data into it. I think this has something to do with the AddNewMode property which returns 0, however I don't know how to alter this setting (assuming that is my problem).

Can anyone help ?

Thanks.
J.

click on the datagrid and in its properties off to the side, set allowaddnew and allowupdate to true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back