Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Master and Slave KX-TD1232 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocDNA

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2003
US
I have two KX-TD1232s setup as master and slave each has each has two additional 8 ext units. I have 11 COs and cannot get the CO9 - CO11 flex buttons to actually select CO9 - CO11. I keep getting a CO NOT ASSIGNED message. COs 01-08 are fine and the three additional lines show up as CO13 - CO15. I really need help making them appear on CO9 - CO11, so that all of the COs are in numeric order.

Any suggestions?

Make sure the software is identical (although I've heard of older cabinets being able to work with one version newer as the master). I'm assuming that you have the interconnection kit and have opened the software cover of the slave and flipped the switch to "slave".

Technically its supposed to work. Your gonna love this part. Some versions of software have a problem talking to the other cabinet as you first power them up. Turn off both master and slave cabinets, and unplug all amphenols and RJ11 connections. The only thing that should be connected to either cabinet is the interconnection cable. Turn systems back on at the same time and plug everything back in at your leisure. 1-5 minutes later the cabinets will start talking.

This is why my company never sells dual-cabinet systems.

I have done all of that and the slave and master are talking fine. I even tried removing all COs and powering by back on and waiting about 5 minutes. All of the COs show up, but they are not in the correct place on the phones.

CO1 is on the CO1 button
CO2 is on the CO2 button
CO8 is on the CO8 button

CO9 is on the CO13 button and should be on the CO9 button
CO10 is on the CO14 button and should be on the CO10 button
CO11 is on the CO 15 button and should be on the CO11 button

When I press CO9 - CO11, I get CO NOT ASSIGNED.

Thanks,

Mike

Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood the issue. You must not have a CO expansion module on the Master Cabinet. The Panasonic KXTD-1232 is a "Fixed Port" system. That is to say, even though you don't have cards installed, it will still always have port (and thusly programming) allocations for those cards. CO 09-12 are ONLY located in the Master Cabinet CO port expansion slot. You will have to move the CO buttons around to accomidate the gap: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-13-14-15-16.

OK, Now I understand. That makes sense. I just programmed the Flex buttons for the CO13 CO14 CO15 to be on 9, 10, and 11 and that will work fine for me.

Thanks for the assistance.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back