Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mass Set Change without OTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

552lata

MIS
Feb 25, 2006
US
Is there a relatively cheap or inexpensive way to mass change sets without OTM? I have about 250 M2616D telephone sets I need to change CLS TDD for name display on incoming PSTN CLID.

If you are adept at Word Mail Merge, go the downloads section of my site and look...i use it all the time for scripting

I caution you on widespread TDD. do a pilot group, preferable all on the same cards and shelf. Make sure you do not develop ringing or CPND display problems.

I turned it on for 3000 TNs... almost disaster in a number of areas.

[sup]Gene of[/sup]
TEKIMG.gif

as usual i have a script for that, this just requires a txt file named 3904.txt with a list of the tnb's of the set. i have a couple of hundred 3904's with tdd without a problem. all sets are on the same firmware as the hd. and my dep list is current

Code:
Proc main

string tnb

integer count
   string szline
   fopen 0 "3904.txt" read

while not feof 0
   SZLINE = "2"
   fgets 0 szline

strtok tnb szline "t"  1  

set txpace 40  

transmit "chg^M"
   waitfor "TYPE: "
   transmit "3904^M"
   waitfor "TN   "
   transmit tnb
   transmit "^M"
   waitfor "ECHG "
   transmit "yep^M"
   waitfor "ITEM "
   transmit "cls tdd^M"
   waitfor "ITEM "
   transmit "^M"
  waitfor "REQ: "

count += 2
   endwhile
   fclose 0
   fclose 1
   call main

endproc

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

btw you can add work arounds to stat the set and loop until the set is idle but i very seldom take the time.. if people get cut off they blame the cell phone forum

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

take my word for it, Firebird Scrambler's scripts are far better written then the ones i use..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

FIrebird would you post a Script with a csv file. Thank you

strtok tnb szline "t" 1
change that line the strtok tnb szline "," 1 and that script works with a csv..i've used both but for some reason on some machines the script transmits the comma along with the txt..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

FIREBIRD
LOOKED AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SITE AND CAN NOT FIND THE SCRIPTS
BT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back