Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mass mailer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevint21

Programmer
Apr 25, 2001
GB
I want to send a mass mailer to about 150 people in work. I have a seperate 'faults' inbox account i want to use so i dont get all their replys to my own personal email address. I want the replys to come to this seperate 'faults' inbox account.

It is ok getting the replys, but how can i send from this 'faults' inbox account as well. It wont let me add it in as an account on Outlook 2003 because i already have an account in use.

Any ideas?

You can add any number of accounts in Outlook - to use the account as a truly different mail account, the mail server must allow it & be configured that way.

Is there a seperate, real mail account on the server with the apropriate 'faults' credentials (username & password)

The mail server is configured by our exchange administrator to only allow 1 account on your pc. He wont budge on this. But he has created a seperate 'faults' account to use. Maybe i just need to set it up on a seperate machine. Thanks anyway.

It might be worth mentioning to the Exchange Admin that having more than one account in Outlook is standard practice, supported by Microsoft (hence having the functionality in the first place), and essential in situations like yours where you are attempting to use technology to improve office productivity, and by logical extension, profitability of your business.

The Admin is normally employed to maintain IT services and make systems functionality available. He also has a role in advising on best practice and security etc, but in this case he is wrong. IHMO he needs to be reminded who his customers are.

My 2c

more than one account in Outlook"

should read

more than one mailbox ^^

The problem is he has a bit of an attitude problem. Although as a telecomms technician i should really just knock him off the network or shut his port down.

Might not be a bad idea.

If you have access to your (presumably) Exchange server, it is a 10 minute job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back